Good things happen when people have access to the internet
Kids learn of places and people far beyond their hometowns.
Health professionals find better ways to care for their patients.
Families can stay connected across mountains, borders, and oceans.
And so much more.
We believe that the world should be connected, no matter where someone lives
Everyone deserves equal access to high speed internet – because when you connect to the internet, you connect to a world of possibilities. That’s why Viasat brings internet to the hardest-to-reach places on earth. To give people voices. To bring opportunity where it’s needed most. To level the playing field – so everyone is capable of reaching their full potential. It’s not just a business to us. It’s a mission.
Investing in Brazil:
Together with our strategic partner, Telebras, we plan on connecting millions of Brazilians from every corner of the country to:
- Provide internet through Internet for All, GESAC, and other initiatives
- Collaborate with local installers, retailers, and shopkeepers
- Work to create thousands of local jobs across Brazil
- Facilitate access to education, healthcare and communication for all communities, especially those outside of large cities
Viasat around the world:
Viasat is a global communications company that believes everyone and everything in the world can be connected. For more than 30 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, and governments around the world communicate.
- In Mexico, we partner with local businesses to promote digital inclusion by bringing Community Wi-Fi and high-speed satellite internet to homes and businesses that need it most – from rural communities to unconnected urban city centers. We are also bringing fast, reliable internet to air travel by launching in-flight Wi-Fi on select AeroMexico flights. Learn more
- We provide internet access to over a million people across the globe within walking distance of one of our community Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Our in-flight connectivity solutions make it possible for passengers worldwide to experience internet that’s as good in the air as it is on the ground, on commercial and business flights, domestic and international.
- We provide high-speed satellite internet across the United States and parts of Europe – in homes, businesses, and on planes.
SEE OUR EFFORTS IN MEXICO IN ACTION
NBN CO, AUSTRALIA
In 2012, Viasat was selected by the Australian Government Business Enterprise NBN Co to deliver ground-based communications, network management, and data processing systems for the Long Term Satellite System across Australia.
NBN Co’s mission is to implement the Australian government’s policy initiative to design, build, and operate a National Broadband Network to provide access to high-speed broadband for all Australian homes and businesses.
Viasat has successfully delivered ground systems and satellite terminals across Australia over the last six years and continues to work with NBN Co to make broadband across Australia a reality.
EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY
Viasat and the European Space Agency are partnering together to develop key components of the ViaSat-3 satellite communications system with European industry. The Public Private Partnership, Project AIDAN, will focus on developing fixed and mobile user terminals and ground segment equipment and gateways.
Using next generation satellite communications equipment, Project Aidan will bring broadband to millions of consumers across Europe who currently lack adequate internet service.
To learn more about Viasat, visit our corporate website at viasat.com.